Originally founded in 1999 in Seattle Washington, USAgain started with a mission to create a better world where PEOPLE and PLANET are given the value and priority they deserve.
We live in a world of fast fashion and overall, clothing is getting cheaper. According to the U.S. EPA, a whopping 85% of all discarded textiles - 11 million tons - are sent to U.S. landfills every year. While there is an abundance of clothes in wealthier countries, seventy percent of the world's population continues to depend on secondhand clothing to clothe themselves and their children.USAgain is connecting those who have surplus clothing to those who need the clothing.
With our TreeMachine, we provide communities with a convenient and eco-friendly option to rid themselves of excess clothing, which is diverted from landfills. By exporting clothes and shoes to struggling countries we generate revenue, create green jobs here in the US and abroad and help to improve the well-being of people around the world. By putting clothes back in the use cycle we conserve precious natural resources and limit the emission of greenhouse gases to fight Global Warming and the Climate Crisis. What's more, we plant a tree every time the TreeMachine is full.
- Consists of 130+ team members that are committed to take responsibility for planning and carrying out the activities in our ten divisions
- Operates in 15 states
- Manages over 8,000 TreeMachines (clothing collection bins)
- Has a strong environmental profile
- Keeps clothing out of landfills
- Plants a tree every time a TreeMachine is filled with clothes
- 120,000 trees planted in 2018
- More than 1,000,000 trees planted so far!
We hold our heads high with the awareness that there is an enormous and growing need for collecting used clothes in the world, for PEOPLE and for PLANET.